Merry meet all,
The chill in the air alerts us to winter’s arrival. Here are some suggestions on how to decorate your altar for Winter Solstice.
Use reds, whites and greens on your altar. Evergreen boughs lend a fresh woodsy feel to your altar. Add candles in silver and gold colours. I bought a beautiful meter of fabric that is reversible. The cloth has silvery snowflakes on one side and gold snowflakes on the other. Sometimes, fabric is not very expensive. It’s nice to get material that reflects the season or Sabbat.
Yule reflects the return of the Sun. Add solar symbols to your altar. Gold discs, gold or yellow candles, can reflect the Sun. Inscribe a candle with solar symbols and dedicate it as your solar candle. Sprinkle gold or silver on the candle. Use holly and ivy, and pinecones on the altar. Antlers would be appropriate too. Candy canes, bells, sun wheels or mistletoe reflect the season too.
With all of these suggestions, your altar will be beautiful!
- Winter Solstice Family Yoga Event (champlainpark.org)
- Paper Winter Solstice Suns: A Tutorial (ditzydruid.com)
- Yule-Winter Solstice is coming!!! (highpriestessofnyx.wordpress.com)
- Solstice Blog Hop (heatherkinnane.com)
- Cleansing Gemstones & Crystals (florabasil1300.wordpress.com)